From: Toon Knapen (toon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-29 07:51:20

I like the new config scheme. But as we're on the border of the sources
on one side and the build-system on the other side here, I guess it
might be interesting to look at the interaction with the latter (and by
chance David has just put up some more info on the Jam configuration)
since on both sides platform descriptors are used. In this case we
should also think about unifying them !

I just posted a reply to David's 'Boost build system' msg to elaborate a
bit on the platform descriptor and think similar descriptors (or
variants in build system speak) should be used in the config directory
structure.

toon