From: jaakko.jarvi_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-05-30 01:49:51

--- In boost_at_y..., "John Fletcher" <j.p.fletcher_at_a...> wrote:
> I am using the Lambda Library (http://lambda.cs.utu.fi/) which I
> like, but will not compile with MS VC++.
>
> What is the relationship between it and the boost libraries?

LL is not an official boost library yet (I hope it will be).
There has been attempts to make LL work with MSVC, but not successful
ones yet. However, we now have a tuple library that partially
works with MSVC (files/Tuple), so there may be new hope, but I
wouldn't still count on that.

> Can I get the equivalent using some other libraries from Boost?
Peter Dimov's expression template library (Files/expression)
is close to LL and works with Borland 5.5 compiler.

Gary Powell and Peter Higley have developed another expression
template library that works with MSVC, but you have to specify the
types of the open arguments.

Cheers, Jaakko Järvi