From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-05-30 04:30:53

Salut,

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 00:06, you wrote:
> Hubert HOLIN wrote:
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > P.S: interval< octernion<double> > will be funny
> >
> > For that matter, what would interval< complex< float> >
> > mean?
>
> This doesn't make sense, because complex<T> is not ordered. The way to
> do it is to use octonion< interval<double > > and
> complex< interval<double> >. Except that the latter is not valid for
You're right, I've been using interval with Pascal-XSC only, there it's
just called cinterval.

> std::complex, because it's not defined for general T.
>
> Jens Maurer
That's a pitty. I would like to use complex< interval<double> > later
this year for some quantum mechanical calculations. Of course I can
create my own complex for that so it's not a real problem.

Is this currently adressed by the commitee ? Or is there a
reason for it.

Best wishes
Peter