From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-05 10:14:45

Some further questions...

The documentation talks about a subproject rule, while the system
seems to use a SubDir rule with different syntax. Can you fully
explain how SubDir is used?

SubInclude seems to require that subprojects be in subdirectories of
the main project. This means that if I want to build thread_test as
a subproject of the Boost.Threads library I have to move the
directory which I *think* violates the latest Boost directory
structure guidelines (we need to document this soon... it's hard to
find e-mails on this in the archives). Do you expect test programs
and example programs to be top level projects?

How should jamfiles for examples and test programs link to the static
libraries generated? If they are subprojects a line such as
    <lib>../libraryname
works nicely and is what you used for Y in the example, but how would
this work for top level projects?

Basically, I've got jamfiles that create the static threads.lib and
the test_thread.exe for msvc, but I've had to re-arrange the
directories and make test a subproject of src, which seems fragile
for Boost distributions. If you don't follow what I'm asking here I
can upload the Boost.Threads library with the jamfiles.

Bill Kempf