From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-05 11:54:07

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

> [...]

Most programs are not multi-threaded. Compiling using a multi-thread
option almost always results in libraries being used that do thread
synchronization. If an application never creates multiple threads,
but links in these MT libraries there is an unecessary amount of
overhead. All of this combines to make me conclude that threading
should be single by default.

Bill Kempf