From: joel de guzman (isis-tech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-05 12:06:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_[hidden]>
To: "Boost_at_Yahoogroups. Com" <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:40 AM
Subject: [boost] Spirit C++ parser framework

> I have received the OK from a compiler vendor using a recursive descent
> backtracking parser for C++ to reveal their identity. And the winner is...
>
> Metrowerks
>
> -Dave

I knew it! And its not a slouch. And Spirit was written on
a Mac using CW. I recall reading that Metrowerks got
this compiler with pluggable back-ends from a guy named
(geez I can't recall). But they hired him and the rest is history.

Cool! RD is not a dead-end.

Thanks,
Joel de Guzman

PS> What do you guys think of the <sequential-or>
and <sequential-and> stuff in my last post? I'm so
eager to kno-o-o-ow ;-)

sequential-or ==> a | b | ab ==> a || b (proposed spirit)
sequential-and ==> ab ==> a && b (proposed spirit)

(see my other post, below the micro-parser stuff)

Hey, Vesa's micro-parser idea is so cool, I love it so!