From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-06 09:05:50

----- Original Message -----
From: <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:37 AM
Subject: [boost] Re: Boost Build System

> --- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <abrahams_at_m...> wrote:

The only tough part is that once created, the user can stick new files into
these directories. Should they be deleted as well? Should the directories be
removed only if empty?
Anyway, interesting questions for the person who wants to make clean really
spotless...

> > > Though not as important, it would be nice if
> > > they were cleaned up, making it easier to create distribution
> > > archives of the source.

BTW, you can use -sALL_LOCATE_TARGET=path to build into some other directory
tree. That will keep your source directories clean.

> I agree that it's low priority. Add it to your list in case I can't
> get to it either ;). I will take a look into this, though, if I find
> the time. It means learning Jam inside and out, though, which will
> take me longer than I thought it would you. :)

Actually, this would be a fairly gentle introduction. It's a pretty easy
job, I think, once you decide how it ought to work.

-D