From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-06 09:03:42

I've been trying to get the jamfiles included in the latest
Boost.Threads upload to work with GCC (mingw32), the other compiler
at my disposal. Unfortunately, things don't work with
<boost/stdint.h>. This include results in the following compilation
error:

gcc-C++-action ..\src\bin\gcc\debug\runtime-link-dynamic\condition.obj
In file included from ..\src\..\boost\thread\xtime.hpp:21,
                 from ..\src\condition.cpp:19:
c:\boost\boost\stdint.h:73: parse error
c:\boost\boost\stdint.h:81: #error defaults not correct; you must
hand modify bo
ost/stdint.h

Looking through the archives here there's a mention that -ansi -
pedantic options should correct this. So the first question is how
do you add flags such as this to the commands in the Jamfiles? I
modified gcc-tools.jam changing actions gcc-C++-action, which works
but is obviously not the "correct" way to do something like this.

In any event, even after this change I still receive the same error
message so I'm at a loss on how to get <boost/stdint.h> to work with
gcc.

Help?

Bill Kempf