From: rwgk_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-13 21:28:20

Sorry for the fuzzy terminology. What I meant was simply to
make Boost.Python compliant with the ISO C++ standard.
Currently it is unfortunately not. Boost.Python uses
an "inline friend function" trick to declare & define the
from_python/to_python converter functions. This approach
is not compatible with the ISO rules for the lookup of
friend functions. Fortunately, partial specialization
can be used to resolve this conflict. We are currently
working out a new mechanism for implementing the
converter functions.
Ralf