From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-13 21:52:29

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Also, documentation and a test program would help. And are
> there any known limitations on the object's usage?

In our experience, two things that are most likely to break when one is
switching from plain T to 'initialized<T>' are conditional operator ( ? : )
and function template arguments deduction:

int i = 0;
int j = 0; // changing this to 'initialized<int>'
           // will break the following code

i > 0 ? i : j; // ambiguous "?" operation
std::max(i, j); // no instance of "max" function template matches the
argument list

Some compilers will accept (incorrectly) the first line, though.

Aleksey