From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-18 15:04:47

Douglas Gregor wrote:

> I'll reintroduce the notion of a generalized 'null' again after I have had
> more experience with it.

        The name for this type in SML is 'unit'.
The only value of this type is the empty tuple.

        I think boost should support

        typedef tuple<> unit;
        unit const empty = make_tuple();

although it would be better to initialise it statically.

It also follows that the function library should use this
value from the tuples library NOT the other way around.
Tuples are more fundamental than functions.

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net