From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-19 23:48:09

I tried to make the regression test at BOOST_ROOT/status/regression.cpp run
on my Mac, using Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 5.3, but I ran into a snag.
Using the MSL libraries got me an error about the std::system function not
being defined. I can guess why: the only command-line environment on the
pre-UNIX versions of the Mac OS, MPW, doesn't allow tools to call other
tools (i.e. not reentrant). So there's no point in activating the system
function. (MPW scripts can call tools and other scripts, though.) I guess
we have to come up with an MPW script that calls all the test tools. First,
I will have to figure out how to make those test tools. (This is with using
the Metrowerks compilers and the MSL libraries; I'll do the MrCpp stuff
later. Metrowerks and/or MPW gurus are welcome to give assistance. I'm not
sure whether I should build the tools with the IDE, the Metrowerks
MPW-capable tools, or both.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie