From: darylew_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-06-20 00:02:40

--- In boost_at_y..., Douglas Gregor <gregod_at_c...> wrote:
> I have written a small library that performs base class
> injection, which essentially allows the user to take a
> class A and "inject' it as a base class of some other
> class R. The injection is done without modifying R's source
> code, so it is a powerful method of separating concerns. The
> following example is paraphrased from the paper at:
>
> http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~gregod/papers/base_class_injection.ps

Is there a PDF of this paper. Reading PostScript directly is
somewhat of a pain for non-UNIX users.

> which describes the concept much more cleanly. The library
> itself is located at:
>
> http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~gregod/libraries/injection.zip
[SNIP example]
> Is there interest for this technique within Boost?

I downloaded the *.ZIP file, and this looks kewl. I haven't tried
compiling the code yet. We should add it to Boost, if there's no
problems with its interactions with Standard C++.

Daryle Walker
[posting through web interface]