From: Serge Pashkov (psw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-22 02:34:51

Hello,

--- In boost_at_y..., "Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_g...> wrote:

>There are at least two more C Libraries for numerical computations along the
>lines of GMP:

>The LiDIA library: http://www.informatik.th-darmstadt.de/TI/LiDIA/ (which I
>forgot when I made the first list) and
>The PARI project: http://www.parigp-home.de/

>The three of them, GMP, LiDIA and PARI, are {currently} Unix-only, so I
>don't think they can be standardized (or boostified).
>(they can be installed on a unix-on-windows host, such as mingw/cygwin; but
>not on win32)

This is not correct.
1. LiDIA can be installed without unix-on-windows host. E.g. you can
download precompiled libraries which can be used without mingw/cygwin
etc. But for library build they are really using GNU make for building
via MSVC compiler tools (cl, link, lib etc).
Using GNU make is not really necessary, you can rewrite supplied makefiles
for your favorite make tool, some time ago I did it for
Watcom wmake. Surely this can bo done for nmake etc.
2. LiDIA has not the own bignum kernel, only C++ interface to it.
You can choose several different (CLN, GMP, libI, Piologie,
last one is optimized for MSVC usage and default with precompiled
Win32 library). But not all bignum kernels are
portable to Win32 (without cygwin), CLN, which is default for CORE,
probably not.

--
Best regards,
 Serge                            mailto:psw_at_[hidden]