From: John Max Skaller (skaller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-06-22 15:46:54

0. My system is linux/gcc 2.95.3.pentium:

        g++ -Wno-long-long -pedantic -ansi -shared -Iboost_1_22_0 ...

1. I need (u)intXX_t and regex (including (u)int64_t)

2. I previously hacked my own kludge for (u)intXX_t based on a test for
C9X.

3. When I tried to build regex, I got errors
   (because regex uses boost/cstdint.hpp directly or indirectly)

4. For some reason, I decided to make a commitment to boost <g>
   (This commits clients of the Felix demo package to boost)

5. I removed my own kludges, I'm now using:

        boost::(u)intXX_t

  This seems to work for 8,16 and 32 but

        boost::(u)int64_t

is not defined.

6. /usr/include/stdint.h exists, and it defines (u)int64_t

7. By fiddling around, I have discovered boost believes I don't have
   a stdint.h file. I sure do!

8. There is a complicated set of conditions deciding how to
   define (u)int64_t which I don't understand, but it
   isn't being defined (this is the case where it thinks
   there's no stdint.h)

Long and short: in trying to use boost, I am temporarily
without recourse other than abandoning (u)int64_t.

The problem would be fixed if boost correctly recognized
I really do have a stdint.h file. Either my system
is weird (possible), or there's some problem in the
boost config stuff.

Patching the config isn't an acceptable solution:
Felix demo users must install boost to run the demos,
and I don't want _them_ to have to patch it.

Can anyone help?

--
John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller_at_[hidden]
checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net