From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-03 11:47:32

> Might be time for Sam to choose a final design candidate, write it up, and
> then get reactions from Boost programmers who have not been involved in the
> discussions.

I'm now settled for the design
except on one thing : passing manipulators. I like
operator* because it makes a short syntax, still showing what are args
and what are manipulators.
But I have some doubts that using a second operator will ever be
accepted..

So I have a solution with 'glue' (if you have a better name I'll be happy)
which is longer to type, clutters the user code a bit with extra
parenthesis, but still is pretty simple and sound.

Anyway, this issue is exposed at the end of my Readme.txt

So is this the time when I shout "Formal Review Please !", or should I
first write more doc (and htmlize it), more samples, and provides
regression tests (the framework is quite complex, it must take some time
to get a hand on it..) ?

as of now, I renamed the headers to "format.hpp", (considering my
format is closer to inclusion than the previous boost::format in the
vault),
used the boost directory structure, and packed te directory in zip and
tar.gz and uploaded it.

--
Sam