From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-09 06:20:09

>3. A note about regex. I've noticed that the version number increases on
>all the files, even if nothing else changes. Some people on the list have
>mentioned doing stuff like this is bad because it forces a recompile
because
>of a Boost update that has (otherwise) no real change. I think it makes
the
>HTML files look funny because the version number is updated without
changing
>a year-old date. It also makes pointless busywork for Regex's author.

The version number doesn't change unless the regex library has changed - so
you won't get a pointless recompile because of a changed version number
(since you'll have to recompile anyway), however once the regex config has
been fully integrated into the boost config that needs to be rethought.

>5. The /boost/detail/limits.hpp file can reference the WCHAR_MIN and
>WCHAR_MAX macro constants, but it doesn't #include the <cwchar> header
where
>they come from.

hmm, I had assumed that they were required to be in <climits> but
apparently not.

We're going to have to be careful with this one - some compilers/platforms
lack a wchar.h - the regex library need this info also, and I'm planning on
adding BOOST_NO_CWCHAR to the new config I'm working on, to replace the
current regex specific BOOST_RE_NO_WCHAR_H, so maybe we should hold fire
for now?

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/