From: williamkempf_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-07-10 11:20:14

--- In boost_at_y..., Iain.Hanson_at_u... wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a problem with the latest version of boost build is
as much
> as all the .jam files use dos line endings. bash ( and any
other shell
> I know of ) doesn't seem to like ^M as a command ;-(.

Which files specifically? Shouldn't CVS take care of this? Or, if
you're unpacking one of the Zip files doesn't your zip program have
an option for converting these?

> A work round for now, at least on Solaris is to run the .jam
files
> through dos2unix.
>
> Is there any chance of using unix line endings? I believe that
dos
> does not have a problem with them.

DOS/Windows can have problems with Unix style line endings. It just
all depends on the program that's using the file. In any event, I
really thought this was an issue that was supposed to be addressed by
CVS and the tool used to unpack zip packages?

Bill Kempf