From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-11 14:06:58

Bernhard Glück wrote:

> Is it possible to overcome the missing feature of crossmodule inheritance
> support by exporting my base class in every plugin ? Would this have some
> drawbacks ( except the memory consumption of course) If yes i could wrap
> this in a function and just call it during plugin initialization every time
> so the client programmer wouldn't even notice .. And yes I have only ONE
> base class ... so this would be it...

I think it wouldn't work. The same class exported in different modules
represents actually different classes from Python's point of view. So,
you will not be able to call a function defined in module B with an
object created by module A. I'll be able to look into this later this
year, but I guess Ralf will have solved the problem by then already ;-)

Regards
Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg    |
|                 FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science      |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |