From: Greg Colvin (gcolvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-16 15:49:14

From: David Abrahams <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>

In my experience with corporate standards it has been helpful
to distinguish "standards" and "guidelines". Where standards
are to be followed in almost all cases, but guidelines are
suggestions open to the discretion of the engineer. At Oracle
we enforce the "standards" with a customized lint program.