From: Bjorn Karlsson (bjorn.karlsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-17 04:32:53

[...]
> Yes, unless you add
>
> * Host them on another site with no Boost banner, etc so they
> are clearly
> not Boost endorsed guidelines.
>
> The danger is that Boost will be viewed as some authority
> (which is good)
> so therefore any Boost-endorsed guidelines will be taken as
> holy writ no
> matter what we say.
>
> Mark

The guidelines from Boost reflect the experiences and opinions of some of
the most talented and cunning C++ developers around. If they are widely
accepted and used, wouldn't that be A Good Thing? Sure, the intent is to
keep the Boost libraries (collectively) understandable, maintainable and
usable, but if they can also provide added value to the C++ community - I'd
say that would be pretty cool. I think that this possibility alone is reason
enough to keep the guidelines in the capable hands of Boost.

Personal added value: I might not have to update the existing guidelines at
work any more :-)

Bjorn Karlsson
ReadSoft