From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-17 16:31:27

Let's assume that I have several regular expression patterns, p1, p2, ...
pN. I have an istream & (or a streambuf &.)

I want to determine which of the patterns, if any, matches the longest
sequence of characters at the current stream position (if there are several
that match the same number of characters I want the first), and then leave
the stream in the state it was before (if possible), that is, I either set
its position back if the operation is supported or call unget() repeatedly
the appropriate number of times (I'd have to know how many characters the
regex library has extracted.)

How can I do that using the boost.regex library? I don't see a simple way to
accomplish this.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.