From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-18 09:12:47

David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

On UNIX, we have the 'uname' command that returns the necessary
information (with some additional regex editing):

# uname -sr
SunOS 5.8

Also, GNU tools usually come with a program "config.guess" which works
on many platforms, so we might hijack some of their code:

# config.guess
sparc-sun-solaris2.8

I don't know about Windows, but I'd guess that analogous functionality
exists to distinguish between Windows flavours.

Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg    |
|                 FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science      |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |