From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-19 14:29:29

At 04:16 PM 7/18/2001, Vesa Karvonen wrote:

>I agree. However there is a difference between writing code that agrees
>with the standard and writing code that does not agree with the standard.
>As far as I understand, the <...> form is specifically intended for
>standard *headers* and not for (user) *source files*.

You have added the word "standard"; the standard itself just says
"headers", not "standard headers" in 16.2. Neither 16.2, nor the section
that says the standard library is supplied via headers (17.4.1.2), nor
anyplace else I can find, says that only the standard library may be
#included via header rather than source file. As far as I can see, it is
perfectly valid for a library other than the standard library to be
supplied via header.

Am I missing some wording you have discovered?

--Beman