From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-23 18:14:54

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
To: "Boost_at_Yahoogroups. Com" <boost_at_[hidden]>
Cc: "Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Compile-time associative container

> The property class used in the graph library does this (the name
> "property" was because it is what I store properties in, but it should
> have a better name if it is to be used for general purpose)

Yes, and what a thorny problem /that/ is! After all, property_map is a
reasonable name for something that associates values with compile-time
property keys!

> The code is
> in boost/pending/property.hpp.
>
> The current interface to the code is a bit rough, and needs documentation.
> On the good side, the code is reasonably portable considering that it is
> meta-code.

It seems a bit odd that you need this property_num business for compilers
without partial specialization... or am I misinterpreting what I'm seeing
here?

-Dave