From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-25 13:51:39

----- Original Message -----
From: <helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: Boost algorithm library (Was: [boost] New upload: algorithm.zip
1)

> --- In boost_at_y..., "Fernando Cacciola" <fcacciola_at_g...> wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean that you just don't want to write (c.begin(),c.end())
> each time?
>
> To speak for me: yes
>
> > In that case a trivial wrapper that just expands to the range
> signature can
> > be provided,
>
> Yes, and I think such wrappers have already been written
> very often for the algorithms present in STL.
>
> > but the algorithm itself should use a range
>
> OK.
>
> I do not know what to do to provide
> both version of the algorithms in a cheap way,
> I think, however, that the most common usage
> should be honored in some way.

I'm not sure if this should be provided by the library.
It is very common for library users to add all sorts of wrappers and
shortcuts, so this one in particular might be just something else that a
particular user can do upon the library.
Perhaps we should make a survey of the overall usage.
How many of you does prefer the container interface?
Not me.

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]