From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-25 14:05:15

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> I'm not sure if this should be provided by the library.
> It is very common for library users to add all sorts of wrappers and
> shortcuts, so this one in particular might be just something else that a
> particular user can do upon the library.
> Perhaps we should make a survey of the overall usage.
> How many of you does prefer the container interface?
> Not me.

The wrappers are super easy to create, and do provide a convenience. I
think enough people have already posted emails to prove the need for such
things. In addition, its better to have a "standard" set of wrappers
provided by boost than to have everyone using their own hacks.

Also, providing the wrappers does no harm to those that like the iterator
interface... just keep using the iterator interface if you like.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Summer Manager, AT&T Research phone: (973) 360-8185