From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-25 14:06:38

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Fernando Cacciola wrote:

> There is the case, though, of algorithms that need to perform operations
> that are not supported by the iterators, such as erase.
> Is this what you need?
> In that case you have to consider that different containers have different
> semantics, and a consistent trait-based categorization of containers is not
> currently available.You will need that in order to make sure that the
> container feed to the algorithms meets the 'container category'
> requirements, and to adapt the algorithm implementation to the container
> used.

I've already done a little work on a traits class for containers, see
boost/pending/container_traits.hpp. I think we should continue to develope
this.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek www: http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Candidate, IU B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 Summer Manager, AT&T Research phone: (973) 360-8185