From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-07-27 17:31:14

At 08:35 AM 7/27/2001, Andrei Verovski wrote:

>Is it possible to limit file name length for boost source files to 31
>characters? Longer file names are truncated on MacOS 8/9 by CVS client
>and links had to be updated manually each time after updating boost
>through CVS.

This has come up before, and I keep meaning to write a little script to
check all the names in a directory to see if any are too long. To be run
before each release (when a bunch of other checks are run).

Just haven't gotten around to it. Let's see - "ls -1 -R" will get the
filenames.

Is there a regular expression I can use with grep to pick out the ones
longer that 31 characters? Maybe -v -E "^.{1,31}$" ?

I'll try to add something to the release checklist.

--Beman