From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-03 06:57:19

>Would'nt it be a good idea to put in an `#error` in the
>select_*_config.hpp in case the platform/compiler/stdlib is not
>recognised ?

I don't think so, the idea is that you shouldn't have to set *any* macros
for a fully conformant compiler (OK there may exceptions like the thread
code, but that is an exception rather than the rule), so not detecting the
compiler/standard lib/platform is harmless provided that compiler/standard
lib/platform is free from defects from the standard.

>typo in config.htm->Guidelines for Boost Authors : second paragraph :
>"information iS this header ..." should read " ... in this header ..."

Oops thanks.

>I realise that the Aix platform is missing. Just got back from vacation
>and will have access soon again to IBM. Thus Aix config files coming up.

Excellent!

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/