From: Scott McCaskill (scott_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-03 13:49:02

> Scott McCaskill wrote:
>
> > Thanks, got it. I've been perusing the source quite intently and so far
> > really like what I see. I also have a question. I have an application
that
> > creates several threads and I want the main thread to be able to find
out if
> > any of the created threads have died.
>
> This sounds like a possible design error.
> Why does the main thread want to know?

So that it can create a new thread to replace the old one. However, your
point is well taken--threads should not exit unexpectedly, and I will
re-examine this aspect of the design in the future. However, my immediate
task is to get the application ported to another platform, so until that is
done I'm trying to minimize the number of design changes I make.