From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-06 16:09:19

I've been helping with the Boost.Threads documentation, and have just
committed major update to CVS (on the thread-initial branch).

This may be of interest for a couple of reasons:

* The docs are very close to the final version that will be formally
reviewed. There a minor issue with Throws elements not yet entirely
accurate, and a few classes (tss, for example) may change a bit as Bill
Kempf makes final tweaks, but basically the docs are about ready for
review.

* The form of the pages describing classes is what I'm suggesting as a
guideline for Boost documentation. It is very close to the form required
by the C++ standard. The rationale is that this form is precise, yet as
Bill and I have formatted it reads reasonably well as HTML pages, and can
be submitted to the C++ standards committee with minimal rewriting.

Any reactions to the either the content or the form would be appreciated.

--Beman