From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-07 16:23:57

At 04:51 PM 8/7/2001, Ross Smith wrote:

>On a tangential note, though: is it now official Boost policy that
>everything goes in CVS? When was that decided? The intention of the
>Boost project, according to your web page, was to provide libraries to
>the C++ community at large; do you really want to restrict the
>discussion and approval process to only those who grok CVS?

No, the only stuff that goes in CVS before formal review are files that
multiple developers are sharing development on. They always go on a
branch. For the review, all files are supposed to get zipped up and put in
the YahooGroups files section for easy access.

The moderators have discussed setting up a second CVS just for
pre-submission collaboration. That way we could keep the main CVS
"pure". In the long run, that is probably worth doing.

--Beman