From: Ross Smith (ross.s_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-07 15:51:43

Beman Dawes wrote:

> If you click on just the right sequence, and your machine is set up just
> right, and blah blah blah you can actually see the files rendered
> correctly. But to make it easier to get the whole package for local
> reading, I've uploaded the following:

Thanks. I'm not going to make any specific comments on the contents; as
I said a few weeks ago, it's become pretty clear that your way of
thinking about threads is very different to mine, and that
boost::threads won't be much use to me. (Although I was surprised to
find that you'd selected the (IMHO correct) noncopyable thread model;
the impression I had from the earlier discussion was that the climate of
opinion had overwhelmingly favoured the (ugh) handle-with-ref-count
model.)

On a tangential note, though: is it now official Boost policy that
everything goes in CVS? When was that decided? The intention of the
Boost project, according to your web page, was to provide libraries to
the C++ community at large; do you really want to restrict the
discussion and approval process to only those who grok CVS?

--
Ross Smith <ross.s_at_[hidden]> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand
"Unix has always lurked provocatively in the background of the operating