From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-08 06:24:55

Kevlin,

I've had a problem compiling the any test program on BeOS with gcc2.95.3
and STLport 4.5b8 - the problem is the use of template function scope using
declarations in in libs/any/test.hpp - these get ignored by gcc2.95. The
usual fix is to move the using declarations to the scope of the enclosing
namespace - I've checked in a fix to the cvs that adds:

#if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__SGI_STL_PORT) && (__GNUC__ < 3)
    // function scope using declarations don't work:
    using namespace std;
#endif

however you may want to check this over and possibly do something different
(like remove the using declaration altogether and add some std:: prefixes
instead).

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/