From: Rainer Deyke (root_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-12 00:09:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 5:22 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] multiple boost::python modules in the same file

As I understand it, each .pyd file has a single entry point (called
'initXXXX' for file XXXX.pyd), but there is no restriction on how many
modules 'initXXXX' actually initializes. Of course, any other modules
initialized in 'initXXXX' won't actually exist until module 'XXXX' is
imported (and 'initXXXX' is called), but that's not really a problem if the
other modules are primarily accessed through module 'XXXX'.

I'm thinking of a C/C++ equivalent for the following Python module:

# XXXX.py
import new
import sys
sys.modules['XXXX.YYYY'] = YYYY = new.module('XXXX.YYYY')

Module 'XXXX' effectively becomes a package, despite being defined in a
single Python source file.

--
Rainer Deyke (root_at_[hidden])
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com