From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-18 15:51:00

on 8/17/01 9:37 AM, Beman Dawes at bdawes_at_[hidden] wrote:

> At 07:25 PM 8/15/2001, Daryle Walker wrote:
[SNIP]
>> Should this be done soon? When is the next release, anyway? (We've have had
>> three formal reviews, including the current Bind, since that last release.
>> We also have the results of the Tuples and Pre-processing reviews outstanding
>> from before the last release.)
>
> I'm aiming for a release within the next few days. Vacation plans get in the
> way after that.
>
> Tuples are ready, but the preprocessor stuff isn't. Whether or not
> Base-from-Member goes in this release or the next one depends a bit on
> unrelated factors, like how smooth the rest of the release work goes. And
> whether the power stays up here; it has been off and on the last two days.

I know there are other Boost administrators besides Beman, but can any of
them backup for Beman in regards to releases? Beman always seems to be the
one handling the releases. It's good to have a backup in case we need to do
something while Beman is on vacation or his power problems halt his
progress. (It also helps in case he gets hit by a bus or undergoes some
other emergency taking-out.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie