From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-31 03:45:07

----- Original Message -----
From: <helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]>
> > 4. As David said, some of the new text needs to be clearer.
>
> Do you refer to the first version or to my updated version 2,
> where I incorporated suggestions from David.
> In the latter case, can you be a bit more specific
> what still should be improved?
> Maybe some things look very obvious to me from inside
> but are still unclear to someone seeing the things from outside.

I like the new text. If you don't mind, I'll edit it a bit to make the
English sound more natural. Otherwise, it is great. There is still a
spelling error in the TOC ("Mixed Arithemtics").

> > 5. Will test cases be made for the new (basic) templates?
>
> I tested it with my integer class.
>
> If there is need, I can also add tests directly to
> operators_test.cpp.

Of course there is a need! That way we won't ruin your valuable work in the
future during routine maintenance ;-)

> I am sorry to say, however, that I cannot do this before
> end of September since I will be on leave
> for the next three weeks.

I think it can wait. I, at least, am plenty busy ;-)

-Dave