From: AlisdairM (AlisdairM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-08-31 15:57:48

-----Original Message-----
From: giles.oatley_at_[hidden]
[mailto:giles.oatley_at_[hidden]]

> I've developed some software in Borland C++ Builder (5) and need graph
> matching facilities.
> Is it going to be difficult to use Boost to link in with my project? Has
> anyone already done a similar thing - reason I ask is that I see VC++
> and Borland command line compiler mentioned a lot, but not Builder.
> I'm not too good a programmer so I'd appreciate an 'honest' reply as to
> how difficult it will be, so I can plan alternatives if need be.

I've not looked into the graph library myself yet, but also use BCB5 as my
primary compiler. Any references to the borland command line compiler apply
equally to BCB5, as they are the same compiler. The command line compiler
even supports all the language extensions borland added to support the VCL.
What it lacks is the IDE.

So if there are any reported difficulties with borland C++ 5.5.1 then you
will experience the same problems with BCB5. If borland gets good reports,
you should find the same.

I believe there are problems with the Python libraries (which I also don't
use!) but don't know of any other specific boost libraries with issues. My
active use is currently limitted to array and smart pointers at the moment
though.

AlisdairM