From: Greg Chicares (chicares_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-05 16:50:26

Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 09:52 AM 9/5/2001, Philip Nash wrote:
>
> just a sensible
> >grouping of libraries, maybe in a hierarchical fashion ...
>
> One very simple way to do this, without impacting anything else, is simply
> reorganize the presentation of libraries on
> http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm
>
> See the attached for a first cut.
>
> A final version would include a little table-of-contents at the beginning,
> and might also still include the purely alphabetic list in a separate
> section.
>
> Comments? Does this address enough of the concerns to make it worth doing?

Nice. Much easier for people who aren't already familiar
with the individual libraries. Given this, I see no need
for the flat alphabetically-sorted list.

The heading "Beta Libraries" begs the question "should I
rely on these or not?" A sentence or two right after the
header could clarify exactly what "beta" means here. I'd
try drafting something, but I'm not sure what it means.