From: Greg Colvin (gcolvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-15 12:53:38

The 4.0.1 specification provides an OBJECT tag that might do the trick:

       For instance, the following line embeds the contents of embed_me.html
       at the location where the OBJECT definition occurs.

         ...text before...
         <OBJECT data="embed_me.html">
         Warning: embed_me.html could not be embedded.
         </OBJECT>
         ...text after...

       Recall that the contents of OBJECT must only be rendered if the file
       specified by the data attribute cannot be loaded.

       http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/struct/objects.html#embedded-documents
       http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/struct/objects.html#edef-OBJECT

From: Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>