From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-23 05:55:58

>When getting the regex library to compile under Mac OS X, I ran into a
>problem with the BSD <ctype.h>. This file doesn't have the functions
>required by the C standard for things like isspace(), just macros. I
imagine
>other older Unix platforms might have the same mistake.

Ouch, that's against the requirements of the C, C++ and POSIX standards...

>Does it seem OK to add a macro to Boost.Config to indicate this problem?
Is
>the name BOOST_NO_CTYPE_FUNCTIONS ok? It's not 100% precise, because
tolower
>and toupper are still functions.

OK, but it will involve major surgery - all those std:: prefixes to isXXX
will have to change, so will the section in boost/regex/config.hpp that
undef's the macros to get at the C API's. Are you completely sure that
there are no real declarations?

I'm going to busy for a bit, so go ahead and make the changes if you want -
Oh and don't forget the config test program :-)

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/