From: dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-26 09:12:04

--- In boost_at_y..., "Damien Fisher" <dfisher_at_u...> wrote:
> Perhaps it would be a good idea to ignore unicode until boost
> finalizes its solution on the matter.

I wouldn't call it "ignoring" it but rather: Just don't bind the
Boost XML parser to a particular character type. Initially, we can
just use it with 'char' (which, BTW, makes debugging more
convenient unless you are using only Unicode aware tools) and at
any time instantiate it with appropriate other character types, eg.
'wchar_t' and/or 'ucchar_t'.

> So the next
> question would be: do we start with W3C interfaces first

You cannot implement a fast interface in terms of a slow one and
retain the efficiency. This should sufficiently answer this
question...

--
<mailto:dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]> <http://www.dietmar-kuehl.de/>
Phaidros eaSE - Easy Software Engineering: <http://www.phaidros.com/>