From: Allan Kelly (akelly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 11:51:22

I'll just join in to say I second the idea of a boost-users list.

While I'm interested in the Boost development stuff we use parts of Boost
here so I need to keep abreast of usage, issues and things, sometimes
separating the two out can take a while. Often I miss the initial post
because of sheer volume and only pick things up later.

In some ways I'd like to see less involvement from the developers, not
because I don't respect them but I think it helps breed more understanding
in the user community.

For example: I'm also on the ACE mailing list, at times it seems that Doug
Schmit has to answer every question himself. This isn't a criticism of him,
but I think it is self perpetuating, if people expect Doug to answer
everything nobody else will, so Doug gets overloaded, in the meantime user
knowledge isn't growing so fast.

I'd hate to see Beman have to answer every question!

( ACE has done a good job of self-publicity, although at times I wish it was
a little more subtle! )

allan