From: Fisher; Damien Kaine (dfisher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 21:40:44

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

> DOM simply can't provide an "efficient" model (at least easily) since
> it basically requires holding the entire "document" in memory. It's
> much better to start with SAX for this kind of thing.

Sure. DOM and SAX are totally different - comparing them is like
comparing apples and oranges. I don't think anyone would want to
implement SAX on top of DOM - I mean, one of the design goals of SAX
was to avoid having the whole document in memory :).

I might start fiddling around with a simple non-validating SAX parser
tonight, and see where it gets me. Of course, if anyone else has written
one that would save me some time...