From: Fisher; Damien Kaine (dfisher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-26 21:45:02

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Daryle Walker wrote:

> On another track, everyone seems to make XML-reading classes, but nobody
> seems to make XML-writing classes (except indirectly through XSTL). Is
> writing XML "so easy that anyone can wing it"? Helper classes could still
> be nice (making sure paired-tags are balanced, etc.).

Check out the MSXML parser (msdn.microsoft.com/xml).

Microsoft has extended SAX to include a writer class which can be attached
to readers. It's really pretty neat, and very fast (given the whole thing
is done in COM, so there is a lot of virtual function overhead).

Plus, one can construct documents using DOM.

I am not saying these are the best ways, but they are standard :).