From: Fisher; Damien Kaine (dfisher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-27 03:31:43

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Asger Alstrup Nielsen wrote:

> I propose a different way of attacking this problem: The main issue is
> the new C++ interface, not the implementation. Therefore, it might make
> sense to try to come up with an interface, and then use xerces to
> implement this.
> Once the interface is somewhat stable, an efficient, "modern"
> reimplementation could be considered.

This makes a lot of sense. But this would introduce a library dependency
into Boost (if the library got submitted while using xerces
internally). I wouldn't be able to comment on whether this is acceptable,
but it strikes me as being a little disconcerting.

But definitely, it would be very useful in getting a quick prototype up
and running.