From: helmut.zeisel_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-09-28 02:38:29

--- In boost_at_y..., Daryle Walker <darylew_at_m...> wrote:
> on 9/27/01 6:51 PM, helmut.zeisel_at_a... wrote:
>

> > E.g., for me it is quite a lot of work to make the formating of
> > bigint
> > consistent to iostream.
>
> I realized that all the integer classes we make would have this
> problem, so
> I made a general routine that all of us can use. Look
> at "int_read.zip" in
> the vault.

I had a short look on it and it looks reasonable to me.

OTOH, if parsing is factored out into a separate class,
for consistency reasons I see some need for a similar class
for output formating.
Additionally I would like to see something like
to_string(const Integer&) which is based on a common code base.

From my experience it might be indeed better
to have several reusable integer IO and string components
instead of putting all this stuff into an integer class,
where it is needed but does not really belong to.

Helmut