From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-28 08:16:43

> I'd like to see some sort of disclaimer, to the effect that the site is
> unofficial and not controlled or maintained by the boost developers.

I can add one -- of course so can you or anyone else. Hence the beauty of the
Wiki.

> My only concern is that while Boost is peer-reviewed, a Wiki is not
> (neccessarily). So the standards for content on the Wiki are naturally going
> to be different from that on the regular boost site. Does that make sense?

Yes, the amount of peer review is directly related to the type and desires of
the participants. Some mature Wiki's are basically highly structured web sites
that have been evolved by the users -- others don't fair as well.

> Also, if Twiki has a more sophisticated look/feel, we might consider using
> it. Not that www.boost.org is a very sophisticated website, but we try ;-)

Let's see, if I tick off my elements of good web design:
1) has good content :)
2) loads quickly :)
3) pages chunked to manageable amount of content :)
4) page resizing to browser :)

I think the boost website designers have done a pretty good job.

Jeff