From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-09-28 08:49:02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]>

> > I'd like to see some sort of disclaimer, to the effect that the site is
> > unofficial and not controlled or maintained by the boost developers.
>
> I can add one -- of course so can you or anyone else. Hence the beauty of
the
> Wiki.

Yes, but I guess I'd prefer a more permanent, built-in notice.

> > My only concern is that while Boost is peer-reviewed, a Wiki is not
> > (neccessarily). So the standards for content on the Wiki are naturally
going
> > to be different from that on the regular boost site. Does that make
sense?

> Yes, the amount of peer review is directly related to the type and desires
of
> the participants. Some mature Wiki's are basically highly structured web
sites
> that have been evolved by the users -- others don't fair as well.
>
> > Also, if Twiki has a more sophisticated look/feel, we might consider
using
> > it. Not that www.boost.org is a very sophisticated website, but we try
;-)

> Let's see, if I tick off my elements of good web design:
> 1) has good content :)
> 2) loads quickly :)
> 3) pages chunked to manageable amount of content :)
> 4) page resizing to browser :)
>
> I think the boost website designers have done a pretty good job.

Yeah, but add "reasonably attractive". It's trivial, but it also matters.
The Wikis I've seen look a bit less slick than the boost site.

       David Abrahams, C++ library designer
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]